- 270 g pitted dates chopped
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 60 g butter
- 185 g self-raising flour
- 2 eggs
- 250mL water
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Lightly grease or spray a 12 hole muffin pan. (I like using silicon trays)
- Chop dates with a knife and at to bowl with vanilla and bicarbonate of soda.
- Boil water and pour 250mL into the bowl
- Weight out butter, chop into small pieces and add to dates and stir until butter is dissolved.
- Add eggs to bowl at this time. (the mixture would have cooled down enough so that the eggs will not cook)
- Weight out self-raising flour in a larger bowl and then add wet ingredients and then stir until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean
I like re-heating a muffin by cutting in half and putting it in the air-fryer for 5 mins and eating it with either Chobani Plain No-fat yogurt or No Sugar Peters Vanilla Icecream.
Nutritional Information for one muffin:
- Calories 177
- Carbs: 28g
- Protein: 3g
- Fat: 5g
- Fibre: 3g