Ingredients: (Makes 6 Muffins)
- 135G Plain Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1+1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp (14g) butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 7mL (1/2 tbsp) vanilla extract
- 60g plain nonfat Chobani Greek yogurt
- 30mL sugar free maple flavoured syrup by Queen
- 1 tsp Stevia
- 90mL nonfat milk (or milk substitute)
- 135g freshly grated carrots (about 2 medium carrots)
- Second Attempt is in bold. It was really good. Was in oven was approx 30min.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Lightly grease or spray a 6 hole muffin pan. (I like using silicon trays)
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients. Whisk together the melted butter, egg whites, and vanilla. Stir in the Greek yogurt, mixing until no large lumps remain. Mix in the sugar free maple flavoured syrup and stevia. Add grated carrots to this bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Divide the batter into 6 equal parts in the muffin pan.
- Bake at 180 degrees Celcius (Fan forced) for 30 minutes, or until the center feels firm to the touch and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before inverting, and transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
I like re-heating a muffin by cutting in half and putting it in the air-fryer for 5 mins and eating it with either Chobani Plain No-fat yogurt or No Sugar Peters Vanilla Icecream.
Nutritional Information for one muffin:
- Calories 136
- Carbs: 21g
- Protein: 5g
- Fat: 3g
- Fibre: 1g